The Yonder Conference is round table event bringing together leaders of distributed companies to share and learn from one another.
Not a Conventional Conference
It’s a roundtable discussion for founders, owners, CEOs, and other company leadership. It's a chance for distributed organizations to get on the same page so that we can move industries in the right direction. We'll compare notes and share what we've all learned. We're keeping it small — just 20-30 people — invitation-only. Check out the video of last year’s Yonder, and see what we’re talking about.
The object of Yonder is to get to know one another, share, and learn. Aside from some brief introductions, all sessions happen with an open discussion format. Bring your questions and ideas, and expect to learn a lot and make new friends.
We may cover some of the following topics....
- Timezones & calendar issues
- Distributed “not-a-fit” examples
- Scaling distributed teams
- Management styles
- Distributed project management
- Distributed lessons for collocated companies
- Distributed nomenclature
- Hiring for distributed teams
- Communication methods & tech
- When to meet face-to-face
- Building legitimacy
- Building intimacy, culture & loyalty
- Distributed vs. remote
- Product vs. service businesses
- IRS & legal issues
We have held 3 Yonder Conference events since 2014. If you'd like to know when the next event is announced, please sign up for the mailing list below!