This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest. Please join our newsletter if you would like to be notified about Yonder job postings in the future.
Journalist / Blogger / Content Manager / Social Media
It’s a remote job writing about remote work! More and more companies are building their workforce with people who work from home, from a coworking space, or wherever they can set up a laptop. We’re looking for someone to help us advocate for remote work and build a movement.
Yonder’s mission is to redefine workplace and inspire employment nirvana. We believe that free-range work is the future and that both large and small businesses will benefit by creating a more flexible workforce. We are remote work advocates. We run conferences, workshops, and a popular podcast. We consult and provide mentorship and services for business leaders hoping to benefit from a more flexible workforce and tap into a talent pool outside of their local area.
We’re creating a map to the future of work! Help us paint a picture of a world without commutes, where employers value trust and autonomy, and where companies maximize efficiency and culture, regardless of geographic location.
We’re looking for a journalistic writer and content manager with a flair for social media and creating a following. We want someone with an ear for storytelling, and a nose for news; someone who can write about business in a friendly and compassionate casual style. We’re looking for someone to help us create a popular mailing list and social media feed with ongoing tips, tricks, and ideas for managers and leaders who want to create a successful remote team.
This is a contract-to-hire role – part-time at first, but hopefully expanding to a full-time position by the end of the year. Hours are flexible, but we will have scheduled weekly meetings.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an engaging writer
- Be a stickler for grammar and detail
- Have journalistic and/or blogging experience
- Be a proactive self-starter capable of self direction
- Have a collaborative spirit
- Probably have ideas about how this job post could be written better
- Have social media and marketing savvy
- Have a knowledge of HTML and web/graphic design
- Be able to take an idea from inception to publishing and promotion
- Understand content strategy
- Have experience working remotely and/or ideas on the subject
- Create internet communication and growth plan
- Write and distribute 2x weekly newsletter (short, efficient content)
- Develop content for blog - news, links, editorial
- Social media management and promotion
- 2+ years of writing experience
- Ability to distill ideas
- Native English speaker
- Be located in North America
Fill out the form below. We would like a link to examples of your writing. We'd also like a link to your LinkedIn page and/or a link to your resume in PDF format . We would also like you to make a 1 to 3 minute video to introduce yourself. It does not need to be fancy. Just hit record and briefly introduce yourself. We'll have the details of your professional experience in the application form, so you don't need to go into detail about that. This gives us a chance to meet you as a person. You can upload your video to YouTube and mark it as unlisted or you can upload it to Vimeo and make it password protected. We know that making a video is a challenge, and that most people will be self conscious and uncomfortable. But this method really helps us "get to know" remote applicants.
THIS JOB HAS BEEN FILLED. Please join our newsletter if you would like to be notified about Yonder job postings in the future.