In this episode, Jeff Robbins interviews Dr. Karen Sobel Lojeski of Virtual Distance. Virtual Distance International has the world's first SaaS-based predictive analytics and solutions to reduce Virtual Distance to enable and empower workplace transformation.
We talk about:
- What is Virtual Distance?
- How to stay connected as remote workers within hybrid companies
- Overcoming hurdles to communication in the workplace
- Understanding the different types of virtual distance (physical, operational, affinity)
- Doing business remotely after the industrial revolution
- Why geographical distance is not the problem in the workplace (and what is!)
- Treating employees as humans, not nodes on a network
- Explicitly bringing context to every aspect of workplace communication
- Making remote and co-located workers feel that you trust them
- Fear of losing control when transitioning a traditional company away from a co-located model
- Why technology will never be a substitute for human to human communication
- Power of humanity to positively impact the future of the workplace, society, and communities
Want to discuss your takeaways from this episode? Let's discuss on Twitter @yonder_io!