Jeff Robbins interviews Daron Robertson, CEO of BroadPath, about the ins-and-outs of hiring remote workers in healthcare, managing distributed employees, and making remote work 'work' in a highly regulated industry.
Topics we discuss...
- Hiring and training seasonal remote workers
- Scaling up and scaling down a remote workforce
- Remote work, as it applies to healthcare clients
- Dealing with high attrition rates
- Attracting better talent because role requirements are not geographically limited
- Overcoming hurdles to remote work in the healthcare industry
- Managing and connecting remote employees using Bhive™
- Recreating an office culture in a remote environment
- Feeling more accountable when 'working remotely'
- Using an always-on video camera to keep team members accountable and connected
- How do you know remote workers are actually working?
- Book Recommendation for Remote Companies: Who Can You Trust? by Rachel Botsman
- Effectively training remote workers
- A day-in-the-life of a BroadPath remote worker
- How does "flexibility" work for a call center remote worker?
- Avoiding remote work scams online
- Want to land a job with BroadPath? Check out their job openings.
- Any questions for Daron? You can email him directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to discuss your takeaways from this episode with us? We'd love to share ideas on Twitter @yonder_io!